Sunday, December 14, 2008

Update!

I don't have much in the way of Japanese cultural experiences this time. I did go to my first onsen (public bath) with my host family recently, and that was very relaxing, but filled with naked.

I've got finals this week, just two, on tuesday and wednesday, and after that I'm pretty much free. I'm leaving friday night for a hard earned 4 days of skiing, which I'm looking forward to with my entire being. This year is going to be the least skiing I've done since I was 5 years old, and that means I gotta cherish every moment of it. For those interested, there's some information about the mountain here:

http://www.vill.nozawaonsen.nagano.jp/info/english/start.htm

It's called Nozawa Onsen (the town is also filled with onsen, the public baths, including one that only monkeys, not humans, may enter) or for those more hip to the Japanese language, 野沢温泉。

The snow conditions are not looking great at the moment, unfortunately, but I'll take what I can get. Perhaps now would be a good time to try some telli, I'll see how that goes. I promise to take lots of pictures, too.

That's it, for now. I hope you're all doing well! It sounds like Vermont is getting a bit of snow. Lucky...

2 comments:

Jordan Valen said...

I think you mean tele...

Good luck on your finals!

ジェイミー said...

I really wish I had gone skiing while in Japan. You're lucky that you get to ski in the Nagano area. I'll be trying to ski at least 5 times a week, but that'll mostly be snowbowl or nearby places in VT. Northeast skiing is almost assured to be subpar compared to Nagano.

You should be finishing up your finals right about now (your local time), so good luck or congrats. Tear it up out there.