Sunday, October 26, 2008

So I have some bad news

I was completely wrong about being able to upload pictures. I still have to find the right cord, but I am continuing to take pictures, so at some point you'll all be treated to a bajillion of them. The last few weeks have been fairly routine, lots of "I hate it here" times and lots of "I love it here" times. It's pretty give and take, really.

Recent interesting things? Well my host father loves salsa, and he made some of his own today after I translated the ingredients from a tostitoes jar into Japanese for him, and he was thrilled. I tried to convey to him that one eats salsa with tortilla chips, but he insisted on Pringles. Why, I don't know. To eat them we didn't dip, instead we used chopsticks to pick up the salsa and put it on the chip and then eat it. It was very tasty though, so I put up with the unusual way of eating and scarfed down all he gave me.

It's finally getting a little cold around here. Oh wait, no it's still 70 outside. And I heard they had snow in Vermont last week (whhhaaaaattttt). The colors of the leaves are just barely starting to change. It's great weather but I do kind of wish winter would hurry up and get here.

Last night a few AKP friends and I stayed over at a Japanese friend's house, and she made Taco-yaki (little fried balls of dough and octopus) which is huge in Osaka and in the general area of where I live. Then this morning we went to the aquarium which was really cool, 2 huge sharks and some cool rays, as well as penguins, dolphins, etc. I mean, maybe that's not surprising since it was an aquarium, but I guess it's been a while since I've been to one.

I still haven't joined a club, but I never seem to have free time anyway, so I'm not worrying about it for a little bit, although I've been looking in to doing some pottery, especially since my host father is buddies with a really famous (apparently) potter in the area, so I'm going to do my best to get over there soon.

My landscape gardens class is still really insteresting, and by the end I'll have a ton of cool sketches to show, maybe I'll take pictures of them and post them on the internet.

I don't have a whole lot of interesting news at the moment, so for that I apologize, but I just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive. I'm sure something really cool and interesting will happen soon, and when it does I'll be sure to write about it.

Take care, everyone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are hanging in there! Please take photos of the landscape sketches--they would be awesome to see. And I'll send cold weather thoughts your way (but please don't send them back!) Also, don't tell Rob I just said that :)

Unknown said...

Greg, don't worry about the pictures, I'll send you the link to some wedding ones soon! Hope you're having a good time. Miss you much! Love,

R&C

ジェイミー said...

There is snow sticking on the ground right now. I hate you.